The atmosphere was different! Our mannerisms were more open and embracing! His Presence was enveloping and oozing like LIQUID LOVE over each of us; it was UNSPOKEN but we knew woman-to-woman, this spring-like Saturday mo'ning on October 15th was unlike any other!
There was a readiness! Our Spiritual Excavator opened up our session with a confirming word from Scripture in 2 Corinthians 3:17 NKJ which says “Now the Lord is the Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.” From the moment our ICEBREAKERS were introduced, we were enthralled with a childlike giddiness in anticipation of exposing our vulnerability upon sharing our answers to the questions. Can I tell you it was REAL! The intensity of our outbursts of laughter turned cackling provoked us to tears; it was unadulterated transparency. We were asked....
1. If you could lose 10-20lbs. what would you do that you are hesitant to do now?
2. If you could enlarge any part of your body what would you enlarge and why? Would it be looked at or looked on?
3. What is the most embarrassing or compromising position that you have ever found yourself in with a man?
4. Would you say you are the type of person who likes to have the last word and why?
Once we had "gathered ourselves" the atmosphere swiftly shifted and once again we found ourselves in full blown dialogue with Apostle "T" who meticulously weaved the shift into these two supporting passages of Scripture:
Ephesians 6:10-17 NLT “A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh and blood enemies, but against rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helmet and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.”
2 Corinthians 4:18 NLT “So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.” No longer can we afford to walk around naked. Leaving home without your full armor is what the enemy is cheering for. Protect yourself from the snares of the evil one! Keep your gaze on the true enemy. Remember, we are not dealing with the person, we are dealing with the operator behind the action, the enemy, the unseen world!
Through her thought-provoking introduction of the movie's highlights, we were given a brief opportunity to reflect upon the importance of having viewed the inspirational film of the year WAR ROOM in the Spirit.
HIGHLIGHTS “WAR ROOM”
One of the crowning moments at the beginning of the movie was when Ms. Clara spoke a paralyzing truth about how “we need strategies and the right resources in our fight against the enemy because victories do not come by accident." True to form, the character superbly weaved four ineffable pinnacles of though throughout the movie while interjecting a universal familiarity for us all.
1. Liz had an issue with Tony traveling all the time. Instead of making her husband Tony aware of her concerns, she suppressed here feelings while allowing anger, bitterness, and resentment to make an indelible mark on her heart.
2. Tony had a problem with Liz giving money to her sister as a result of her supposed deadbeat husband. Instead of implementing healthy financial parameters he became incensed by her actions and unwilling to compromise for the greater good of operating as one flesh.
3. Instead of addressing the real issue which was counting the cost of losing his family because of an extramarital affair, like many of issue he wanted to fix Liz instead of being fixed within himself. Even in his despair, Liz took the high road and did not dignify herself by demeaning or character assassinating another woman because of her chosen skill set!
Upon nearing our conclusion, we were asked to do a self-examination in conjunction with these two thought-provoking questions:
1. If there is one thing in your life that you could do better, what would it be?
2. How much do you pray for your husband? For those who are single, have you been praying for the things that you desire of your Boaz? Pray now so those things will come to pass.
During our heated discussions, why do we tend to badger or judge the other like Liz did with Ms. Clara regarding Tony? Upon tiring of Liz's bantering, Ms. Clara unequivocally set her on a road called straight She asked Liz if Tony deserved grace? The point is that we all deserve God’s grace. In other words, married, single, separated, widowed or divorced, the need for change will always introduce truth because truth comes to offend the unsavory behavior. Rest assured, the very area(s) we are asking God to change the lives of others will always be the foretaste of what He desires to change in our own lives. In short, stop fighting the person! Stop warring in the natural what can only be conquered in the Spirit! So, what area(s) in your life are you most tired of being defeated in and why?
WAR ROOM EXAMINATION
Apostle “T” led us into a place of self-examination, honesty and transparency deep within ourselves while pondering and answering these five questions:
1. Identify the individual whom you most identified with.
2. Identify one major scene that has been your reality. Whatever area(s) in your life you are being challenged in, take dominion over it by the Spirit!
3. Who do you need to be praying for that you are a lifeline to? What you are going through is not for you. The longer we prolong the process, the more detrimental the challenge becomes in someone else's' life. We are not justified in making the decision to not get it right while someone else is waiting for our lives to mirror their answer!
5. Who do you need to be investing in that you are not investing in right now?
Liz did not waste any time in replicating herself; throwing out the lifeline. God had answered her family's prayers. She realized being Transformed at the Root begins with learning to love your scars; not the behavior of others. Just like Ms. Clara had poured out her heart, Liz was now able to pour an even more viable oil out of the pureness of her heart into someone else's life; which pleases the Lord!
We've been through much during these last THREE YEARS. We've had seasons of having the intimate crevices of our emotions cleansed, the debilitation of our self-views reconfigured and the reintroduction of our self-inflicted selves to our God-created selves for the sole purpose of becoming TRANSFORMED at the ROOT for divine purpose! WOW...
So, here we are with mixed emotions at the threshold of closure as Apostle “T” announces our December session will be the FINALE for this ST4W format! We'd been poured into repeatedly, intimately and intricately for three years and now it was time to POUR OUT the benefits of being CRUSHED. We're being afforded an opportunity to LEAK out for another’s benefit. In our moment of bitter sweetness, we were engulfed in the revelation of a prophetic voice as she uttered these words "Many came and didn’t finish their transformation, but for those who did, there is an oil, a unique anointing that will flow through the lives of those who chose to endure the process of being TRANSFORMED at the ROOT.”
In essence, our journey was simply the daily processing of our willingness to experience another level of our ULTIMATE TRANSFORMATION IN CHRIST!